Well it was just a matter of time before I dove into the mud myself. My initial attempts to make these was very frustrating and Diana had to help save my pots from the misshapen mass of earth they became under my inexpert hands. But I am happy to post that after the third one, the ollas started to take shape. I made two sizes, the larger ones are for outdoor gardens; the smaller ones I am experimenting for indoor planters. My hope is that folks in apartments will buy these so they can leave town for a week and not have to worry about watering their indoor plants. We are getting ready to take them to a presentation for Green Spaces Alliance garden group near Gardenridge on the 19th.
So far, I noticed just this morning, that where our ollas are planted in garden plots, the vegetables are a third size larger than those plots without ollas. I did not have my camera with me this morning. But tomorrow I will post a photo about this. I so like not having to worry about forgetting to water our veggies, when I was absent last week from home, while taking care of my mother, my zucchini got watered via ollas and I returned to find a ginormous squash under the leaves (whose photo was posted on Facebook previously).